Friday, April 13, 2007

Udaipur

Finally a decent PC!

We're now in Udaipur which is just amazing. The lake is full and we have the best room around. OK, maybe not the best room but a pretty good one. We are paying 600 rupees per night and our room actually extends out over the lake. There were a few other rooms we looked at but this one had the best outlook for the price.

The train trip from Jaipur to Udaipur was fine; we shared a 8 bed compartment with only one other guy so there was heaps of space to stretch out. The train was brand new too. Tomorrow I hope to get some photos up on here; Craig has taken some really nice shots.

Tonight Craig and I are performing at the city palace in the Shiv Niwas gardens. There may also be a French Canadian girl playing as well, she plays the bansuri. Craig and I have been having three hours of one-on-one lessons every day with Sureshji who was also kind enough to lend us some instruments to practice on in our own time. Today I learnt a great new peshkar that I hope to have mastered enough for tonight's performance. Both the King and the Prince will be at the City Palace tonight so the pressure may be on!

I'll have to leave it at that for now as I need to go and organise some train tickets back to Delhi and I don't want to miss out.

No comments: