Saturday, August 19, 2006

Religion Assignment

I'm working tonight on compiling the final draft of my paper for my religion course. Once again the word limit is quite a....limit. I have only 2100 words to answer three 'questions', about 700 words each. Question one is: What ideas was Stanner attempting to explain by using the term 'everywhen' in reference to the Dreaming? Question Two is: In what ways is fundamentalism a response to modernity? Is it accurate to say that fundamentalism is only a defensive and negative response to modernity? If not, in what positive ways does fundamentalism respond to modernity? It is clear that fundamentalism is a way in which conservative and evangelical groups are emerging into political action. What issues are typical issues for such groups to be drawn to? What are the positive concerns in such political issues? Are there any reasons for thinking that groups that might have been slower than others in beginning political engagement must remain slower? Question Three is: Explain why the Qur’an is so central to the life of the Muslim. If I do get 'em finished tonight I'll see if I can post my answers, if not I'll do it tommorow.

No comments: