Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Work

I started working back at Govinda's Vegetarian Cafè today. For those of you in the area, or who are just curious, this is the location on Google Maps --LINK-- I was a bit worried that I'd have forgotten my recipes, or more that I may be a bit slow and not have everything ready in time, but it all ran smoothly. I cooked a Potato, Cauliflower and Zucchini vegetable curry, Mixed Vegetable Pakoras, a special Dhal (it was actually a bit of a compromise but special sounds better), A Mango Semolina Halava, Papadums and Plain White Rice. I'll be back working there tomorrow as I'm now doing Tuesdays and Wednesdays but I'm yet to know what I'll be cooking; just have to wait and see what veges are available. I would have preferred more spices to work with too but I think I went okay considering the outcome.

To Those of you who have been asking for recipes and cooking advice, I'm considering starting up a web page where I'll host my recipes and cooking advice. Probably a bit of simple food related philosophy too. When I get some time and get all this together I'll let you all know the URL.

Anyhow, back to researching this Peter Singer essay.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Mind if I ask what's driving the shift to vegetarianism Nath?

Anonymous said...

Hi Simon

Sounds like a great idea - Filosophy and Food!

Some of the names could be:

Descartes Dahl
Socrates Samosas
Kants Curry

Cheers
Waz

Simon said...

I probably would do that Waz but people already know my recipes by name. Not that they are names I've given the dishes mind you, just comon names that they go by. I do like Descarte's Dahl though.